What should you be asking?
The majority of the time people don't know what to ask, or how important some of the things you should know are! Particularly when it comes to hiring a wedding photographer them having insurance and backup equipment is very crucial to be able to properly insure that your images will be delivered to you!
- How long have you been a wedding photographer?
- Can you show us examples of your previous work, preferably from weddings you have photographed in a similar style to what we are looking for?
- What is your approach to wedding photography?
- How do you manage time on the wedding day, and how do you handle unexpected changes or delays?
- Do you help create the day of timeline?
- Do you have any vendor recommendations?
- Can you walk us through how you typically work with a couple on their wedding day?
- Do you have backup equipment in case of equipment failure?
- Are you familiar with our wedding venue?
- Can you work with a shot list or specific requests from the couple?
11. What is your editing process like?
12. Do you offer engagement sessions or any additional photography services?
13. What are your pricing and package options, and what is included in each package?
14. Do you offer any printed products or albums?
15. Do you have liability insurance?
16. Do you have any questions or concerns for us as a couple?
17. Do you charge a travel fee?
18. Do you have a contract?
19. What is the retainer fee and when is it due?
20. Is there sales tax that will be added to the total?
21. Do you have second shooters?
22. How do you deliver the images?
23. What if I don’t want my photos shared online or on social media?
24. Do you work with videographers or are they part of the no competition portion in the contract?
25. How long after the wedding can we expect to receive our photos?